Monday, November 1, 2010

My SLU Photoblog


In the beggining, some CICM priest went north of the Philippines and settled in a city called Baguio. Here is a sneek peak of how it looks now (or at least how it looked like before).
 







 I think that is enough of Baguio City for one blog time. I went a little off track there. Now it is time to get back to the main topic. As I was saying, CICM priests that was headed by Reverent Father Seraphin Devesse. They founded a one classroom school which started with 10 local boys. Now, the story of Saint Louis University starts.
Saint Louis University Laboratory Elementary School. It is here where our fellow Louisians from kindergarten through the sixth grade go to school. It is located in General Luna Street, Baguio City. I used to go there during my elementary days and this is where I had some of my happy moments.
  

I think we all want to move on. So now I will share with you SLU-LHS (Saint Louis University-Laboratory High School for all of you who are wondering what that acronym means). It used to be an exclusive school for boys but they made it co-ed for a reason that I still do not know. This is where I am going to school today. Most people say that high school is where you will be having the best years of your life. Then why not make it even better with you having your best years within the best school. I guess I am a little exagerating but I still think that SLU-LHS is the best school. Any way, here is a preview of my school.




I have a feeling that I am forgetting something. Let me think here. Oh yes! It wouldn’t be SLU without having the college department. To be honest, I don’t have anything to say about it because I don’t have any idea what to say. Well, they have an awesome campus. At least I said something good about the college. Just to show you how awesome their campus is, here are some pictures.


Now that I have shared this information to you, I guess it is time for me to share with you that SLU will be having its centennial celebration. Since its founding in 1911, SLU has enjoyed 100 years of serving Baguio with its mission to transform. Here are some activities that SLU will be doing to celebrate its Centennial. But before that, I would like you to take a peek at the SLU Centennial emblem.

 
So here are the activites that I have copy pasted (yes, I admit it) from the SLU website.
SLU Centennial

Saint Louis University is celebrating 100 years of excellent missionary education come 2011.
Be part of this historic celebration that will commence on December 2010 and lasting upto December 2011.
Some of the highlights of the grand opening of the Centennial include:
  • Centennial Concert and Dinner – November 27, 2010 (Saturday) @5:30 pm
    • Programme
      • Concert by the CCA performing Groups
      • Soft Launching of the SLU Centennial Project: Halfway Home for Boys
      • Soft Launching of the SLU Centennial Coffeetable Book
      • Dinner
      • Dancing and Socialization
    • Attire: Smart-Casual
    • Ticket Price: P1,500 per person (Not inclusive of bar drinks)
  • Centennial Launching and CICM Day – December 1, 2010 (Wednesday)
    • 8:00 am - Eucharistic Celebration at the University park
    • 10:00 am - Garage Sale
    • 10:30 am - Louisian Got Talent
    • 3:00 pm - Band Concert
    • 6:00 pm - Lighting of the SLU Christmas Tree and Concert at the Park
  • Centennial Handog ng SLU sa Baguio – December 4 & 5, 2010
    • Theme: Pagpupugay sa mga Guro
    • Focus group: Public School Teachers
    • Medical and other Outreach activities, Concerts, Exhibits
    • SLU Centennial Exhibit
    • Venue: Melvin Jones Football Grounds, Burnham Park
    • December 4, 2010 (Saturday)
      • 8:00 am - Opening program
      • Presentations: SLU LES & SLU LHS
      • 6:00 pm - Lantern Parade
      • 7:30 pm - 100 Voices Concert
    • December 5, 2010
      • 9:00 am - Aerobics Fusion
      • 2:00 pm - SLU Band Concert
      • 3:00 pm - Variety Show
      • 5:00 pm - Closing Ceremonies
  • Centennial Lantern Parade – December 4, 2010 (Saturday) @ 6:00 pm from Session Road to Burnham Park
  • SLU Family Day and Christmas Salo Salo – December 6, 2010 (Monday) @ Maryheights Campus, Bakakeng
  • SLU Centennial Grand Alumni Homecoming January 22 – 23, 2011 @ SLU, Baguio City
Throughout the duration of the Centennial Year numerous activities are planned including cultural presentations, lecture series, alumni homecomings, extension programs and sports activities.
Souvenirs are also in the works. Among them are the SLU@100 Coffeetable Book, Souvenir Programs, 15 Month Centennial Calendar, 100 Prayers with Fr. Jess and souvenir items like mugs, shirts, jackets, caps, umbrellas and pens.



Sources:






No comments:

Post a Comment